Monday, September 2, 2013

I'm Still Here!

Believe it or not, I'm still here and I'm still loving my Cricut :) I'm back teaching again and I've been crafting, but in different ways.

I've been wanting to use vinyl for a while and I finally was brave enough for try it out!  Here are some things I made using some vinyl from Joann's.  This stuff is super cheap and you can use a coupon to buy it too.
This first one is for my students.  It hangs above the sharpened pencils and they can take a quick look in the mirror while they switch their dull pencil for a fresh one.  And if you "mustache"...no, they don't stand by the mirror all day long :)
Next up is my personalized water bottle.  I've been wanting to do this for a while and I love it!  Now to figure out how I'm going to get vinyl on all my possessions??
 This one is my favorite!  I got this white pink board from Walmart for around $4 and made a reminders board.  This keeps me from forgetting messages or anything else important throughout the day. Do you see those cute flowers?  They are magnetic and I made them with my Big Shot!  They look way better than store bought magnets.
Speaking of those flowers...I made some in pink too!  I use them to hold up notes, charts, posters or anything else.  Love them!
Being crafty sure does help in the classroom!  I also made some organizational bins for myself.  They have been a huge help in my fight against clutter.

These are daily drawers.  I put my lessons plans and copies in them.  This way I know where everything is and I'm not running around looking for my materials last minute.
 These are my "to do drawers."  These are so stinkin' cute!  These go right on my desk and prevent my area from being taken over by paper.
 Finally, this is what got me started on my organizational journey.  If you are a teacher, you know about the teacher toolbox craze that has been going on for the past couple of years!  I finally made one with my owl theme.  I use this to place random stuff so I'm not searching my whole desk for little things.  This has made my life so much easier!

As you can see, I have been crafting, just not the kind of crafting I typically do.  
On a purely crafty note...I just received what may officially be my FAVORITE cartridge ever in the mail today.  The "Create a Friend" cart!!! This thing is beyond cute. I can't wait to use it!  Hoping to get something made with it soon!  

Well, I hope you are all getting lots of rest this Labor Day Weekend! Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Maribel, all of your projects are so fabulous!! I have a bunch of vinyl in various colors but I haven't tried to use it yet...you have inspired me!! The mirror is so stinkin' cute!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the box for all your different supplies in the final picture on today's post? I REALLY need to get a couple of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are all fabulous Maribel! I love using vinyl...I did a ton of stuff for my sons snowmobiles, motorcycle and helmets. I actually had a lot of fun. Your organizational drawers are fabulous! I love how they look:) Thanks for sharing....Oh, and enjoy your new cartridge! That is on my list to get soon!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your projects are super cute.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so CUTE!!Love it!! love the adorable décor on the storage boxes.
    New follower.
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is this type of interesting thing with this post of yours. I had been interested with all the topic along with the flow in the story. Keep up to date the truly amazing work.
    spiderman costume

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

 
Pin It button on image hover