Saturday, October 15, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge# 31

Good morning! This week's Birthday Sundaes challenge is to make a tall birthday card.

Our sponsor is Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  We were given a few digis to choose from and I choose this cute rocket.  It also included this sentiment!  If you win you will be able to pick three digis of your choice.  Make sure you play along with us and visit the DT for more inspiration here!

I was excited to make this card because I have never made a tall card before.  This was also my first attempt at paper piercing.  To make the rocket all solid colored, I printed it out on three different sheets of cardstock.  I cut out the pieces of the rocket and pieced them together on the light blue print out.  I really liked the end result.

After taking some pictures I thought it looked a bit unfinished.  I am always really hesitant to add something on after I have adhered everything, but I decided to give it a try.  I liked both looks but I wish I would have added the doodling when it wasn't adhered and had a stable surface to work on.  Trying to add doodling to something that is being held up by two little pieces of foam is really tricky.   My husband said it looked really good, so I'm thinking the risk was worth it:)

Here is my first tall card-


The measurements for this card are 9 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches.


This is what it looked like after the doodling.


Here is a side view.  I added a little astronaut to the rocket.  His face came from the PKS Boy Mates Assortment.  Pop dots were used to add some dimension to the rocket, stars, and sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. This came out so cute! Love the great paper and cute details! I agree trying to doodle on a pop dot is to difficult! I seem to forget to doodle before I stick them on!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous........love all the doodling, your husband is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little boy inside! The perfect touch!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute! I love the little boy in the rocket- you did a great job paper piecing! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maribel! Your card turned out so cute! I know what you mean about changing something after you've glued it down, sometimes it's worked and other times not so well! But your change worked out really well.
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Maribel! The astronaut was the perfect touch and I think the doodling looks perfect too! Great job with this super fun image!!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I adore this card its amazing!!! :) I love the cute boy face you added!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is super cute... love everything about it... HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card Maribel... love that image and layout too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, fabulous card, Maribel!! I love that cute boy inside the rocket! The doodling just sets it off perfectly! Awesome card :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maribel! I absolutely love your card! It's so adorable and the boy you added is so perfect! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maribel, great card, I have been in hospital and just getting back to blogging, need to catch up.
    Love your card.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A darling little boy card! The little boy in rocket is fabulous! Love the stars and all the detail. Great card...love it! Take care!!:-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

 
Pin It button on image hover