Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blog Candy!

A couple of weeks ago I was the lucky winner of a SU! stamp set from Norma at Pink Bling Crafter! Norma is one of the sweetest and nicest people ever! She is also tremendously talented! You can visit Norma here: Pink Bling Crafter. You will find tons of inspiration there!

The stamp set I won is called Go Green.  The moment I saw one of the sentiments I knew exactly what I wanted to make.  I noticed a bear inside a trash can when I got the Give a Hoot cart.  I thought I would never be able to use it, but I got my chance!!

Here is my card featuring this cute stamp set and this environmentally friendly bear.  I'm thinking he's searching for cans and other recyclables???


Here is the sentiment that inspired the whole card.


I welded the base using a square and a frame from Elegant Edges.  I used the PKS sketch for this base.


I added a PK face and some glossy accents to the lashes.  I used some chalks and gel pen to add details to the cheeks. 


 I used one of the stamps from Go Green and heat embossed it using Tempting Turquoise embossing powder onto blue card stock to make my own paper.  I then ran it through my Big Shot. 


Norma sent me everything in a really nice neat package but of course I opened it as quickly as I could without thinking of taking a picture first.  Here are all the goodies Norma sent me!  She even gave me a beautiful card! 


How cute is this stamp set?  It goes so well with the "Give a Hoot" cartridge.


Recipe: 
Give a Hoot: Bear in trash can
SU!: Sentiment and background stamp from the set pictured above.  Crumb Cake card stock, modern punch label, Tempting Turquoise embossing powder, Whisper White embossing powder.
PKS: Bear face from large Critter Set
Recollections: Blue card stock

I am entering this card into the following challenges: 



16 comments:

  1. How stinkin cute is this!? :) Gotta love blog candies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maribel, this is just the cutest card! That face on the cute bear in a trash can is adorable. Really love the look of the whole thing. Super!
    Cindy Porter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maribel,
    What a delightful card. Bear is too cute.
    Congrats on getting some very nice new toys.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cute :) You're making great use of your fun new things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, great way of mixing Stampin' Up! and the Cricut. I have loved that stamp set ever since I saw it. I wonder if it's still current... you would think I would know.

    I can't believe you have many two cards this week AND posted them. I haven't even had the energy to make one. Today I have to make two projects. :-) Oh yeah, and clean my craft room :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What super cute little bear!! LOVE this take on the sketch and the recycling theme is just wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect combination so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so adorable and congrats on wining...hope your week is fabby!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! Maribel, this card is so CUTE love everything about it and I sure LOVE how you incorporated the Stampin' Up! Stamps just fabulous!! Thank you for the very lovely plug:) You are very talented!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used this stamp set.
    That bear is to adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is SO fabulous!! Loving everything about it!! Great job as always Maribel!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cat is so nice and sweet! Great card. Thanks for sharing.
    Eli (Frosted Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so darn cute and that sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining the PK challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

 
Pin It button on image hover