Monday, July 18, 2011

Hello Sunshine!

I got totally inspired by Cyndy at Arcy Scraps yesterday, when she made a magical spinner transforming card! It was too cute! I had wanted to make a card with a sun for a challenge, and it turns out that challenge was already over :( But I still wanted to work with a sun.  So at 2 a.m. I thought about this card and got up to make it! I'm going to miss being able to do that when I'm back to work!!

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:
Challenge #56-Peachy Keen Stamps Tuesday Sketch
Summer Fun Challenge at Die Cuttin Divas
Fun in the Sun Challenge #44 at More Than Favors-Wacky Wednesday
Challenge #100-Anything in the sky at Paper Cutz




So here is my creation. (I cannot believe this cut was hiding in Wild Card this whole time!!)



In order to change the faces you just spin the tab on the side on the right and voila! 


I didn't tell my husband about the little transformation trick and I changed the face every time he walked by! He thought he was imagining things :)


This princess assortment from Peachy Keen was too cute not to use!


Here is a side view.  I added two layers of pop dots to really make the sun pop.


This is a greeting from the This and That stamp set from Emma's My Creative Time.  I love this font!!


Carts: 
Wild Card-Card Base
Create a Critter- Sun
Recollections for the white, craft, and yellow card stock
DCWV Playtime stack: Blue Sky
This and That from My Creative Time: Sentiment
PKS: Princess Assortment

19 comments:

  1. Oh Maribel, What a really cute card, Love your sun, so darn cute. Wonderful card.
    Happy Monday

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maribel, that's so good, but so confusing. Haha, when I was on the phone with you, it took me a while to see what you meant by the changing faces. I had no clue it was a SPINNER card. I can't believe it was hiding in Wild Card!!! That's also crazy that you woke up at 2 A.M. I guess when inspiration hits, it hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS CARD IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the colors, the faces, everything!!!! those pop dots really do make the sun POP! :) and by the way my card was waaaaaayyyyyy far from magical lol it was a disaster lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card you've created. FABULOUS! Great job Maribel. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE that little changing face! How clever and creative! Just fantastic! :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is so cute! I can't believe I didn't know that card was there either, and I'm gonna miss the late night scrapping when school starts again! I have an award for you on my blog! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome, Maribel! I love the dimension of the flower and you did a fabulous job on the spinner card! Love it :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. who woulda thunk that cut was there? I need to go check out my handbook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever card Maribel!!! It's SO creative!
    Every little detail is a pleasure to see! Thanks for joining in with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card and the fact that you were able to make your husband think he was seeing things. Hahaha. Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! I love this card. It is absolutley adorable. I know what you mean about things hiding on the cartridges. You did fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is SO super creative!! I'm gonna have to try it one day!! Now I'll have to take a look at the Wild Card Cart! Haha!

    Yes - the bow for Hello Kitty drove me NUTS!!! They cut out way too small so I just decided to make my own cuts! It turned out better anyway! ;P

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Maribel, for winning over at Celebrat the Occassion. Way to go girl.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super, super, super cute Maribel!!! You just talked me into the princess faces :) I must go get them now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is awesome. Not only is it cute, it is so fun, I love it.
    Too funny about your hubby and you tricking him, lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't this the funnest kind of card to make?!!!! Your beautiful sunshine turned out PERFECT!!!! I love everything about it! Beautiful job!!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a bright cheery card...so so CUTE! Very creative...LOVE IT!!! Take care!:-)) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your spinner card! I really need to try that someday! Thanks for joining the PK challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

 
Pin It button on image hover