Monday, March 7, 2011

Twinkle Toes

I made this card for a friend who loves to dance.  It turned out so cute!  I made the card base with my Gypsy by welding two frames together.  You can see the tiny "hinge" on top of the card.  If I were to make this card again, I would weld a thick rectangle at an angle on the side and make the hinge thicker to hold it better.  For this card, I tried something I hadn't done before.  I am not a fan of trying to glue down teeny tiny letter pieces perfectly straight onto a card.  What I did for this card is I cut the letters right into the black background with my Gypsy.  It was so much easier!  The only parts I had to worry about were the little center pieces for my "a" and "e".  Waaaayyyy easier!  My friend loved her card. It was almost too cute to give away!

7 comments:

  1. What a super cute card! Great idea to weld the letters into the background too!! :) Thanks for playing along with us at FIF! Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina and Laurel,

    Thank you for posting a comment. It makes me feel great to hear compliments from the pros!

    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! You did a wonderful job with the letters. Sure your friend loved it, Who can't love a cutie like this?
    Thanks for sharing your art with us at Flaunt it Fridays!

    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty! Thanks for the letter tip! Thanks for flaunting it at FIF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vivi and Sandra,
    Thank you for your comments! I've enjoyed looking at your work! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...this little girl is so sweet! I love the way you did the letters! TFS!
    Amber
    my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

 
Pin It button on image hover